LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A robbery suspect in Kentucky has been fatally shot by police.
News media report Louisville police located a man matching a description released after a robbery call earlier Tuesday. Police Chief Steve Conrad said the suspect and officers exchanged gunfire, and the suspect was hit.
Conrad said the suspect was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The officers weren’t injured. They have been placed on administrative reassignment during an investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Police didn’t release the identities of the officers or the man who died.