NEWARK, Del. (AP) — Police in Delaware are warning about hoax phone calls made to day care centers in which the caller tries to obtain personal information, claiming he’s trying to identify a lost child.
Delaware State Police and Newark Police said in a statement Tuesday that a man called two day care facilities in Newark and Middletown on Monday.
Authorities say the calls came from a block number, and a man said he had found a lost child. The caller claims the child’s belongings identified the child as being under the facility’s care.
Police say the caller tried to get personal information. He eventually hung up when the day care staff asked him questions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
Both facilities immediately notified police.