NEWARK, Del. (AP) — Police in Delaware are warning about hoax phone calls made to day care centers in which the caller tries to obtain personal information, claiming he’s trying to identify a lost child.
Delaware State Police and Newark Police said in a statement Tuesday that a man called two day care facilities in Newark and Middletown on Monday.
Authorities say the calls came from a block number, and a man said he had found a lost child. The caller claims the child’s belongings identified the child as being under the facility’s care.
Police say the caller tried to get personal information. He eventually hung up when the day care staff asked him questions.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
Both facilities immediately notified police.