AUBURN, Calif. (AP) — Police in California are trying to determine why a man was naked in frigid temperatures when he entered a home and stole a purse.
Auburn police say the homeowner’s boyfriend then chased 28-year-old Adam Pettibone on Friday night before Pettibone got into an SUV and drove off. Sgt. Tucker Huey says Pettibone struck the boyfriend with the SUV. The boyfriend declined medical treatment.
Auburn is about 30 miles northeast of Sacramento. The temperature dipped into the 30s Friday.
Police say they found the SUV a short distance away in front of a home where Pettibone was. They booked him at Placer County Jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and burglary. He was being held on $250,000 bail.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Free money for all? Mayors hope local tests bring big change
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Huey said he did not know whether Pettibone had a lawyer.