LONGMEADOW, Mass. (AP) — Police have identified a tractor-trailer driver who was killed in a highway crash involving several vehicles in western Massachusetts near the Connecticut line.
Massachusetts State Police said Sunday that 33-year-old Anthony Gentile of Thomaston, Connecticut, died in the wreck involving two tractor-trailers and four other vehicles on Interstate 91 northbound in Longmeadow on Saturday morning. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Troopers say a Peterbilt tractor-trailer slammed into the back of another tractor-trailer that had slowed because of traffic from a line painting project. The Peterbilt then hit four cars before crashing through a guardrail. Gentile was pronounced dead at the scene.
Three other motorists suffered minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
The Peterbilt spilled shampoo bottles all over the highway. The northbound lanes were closed for several hours during the cleanup.