BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A teenage couple who were fatally shot in Alabama have been identified.
AL.com/The Birmingham News reports 19-year-old Ty Alexander Pepper and 18-year-old Elizabeth “Liz” Annette Price were killed Monday night in Birmingham. Birmingham Police Sgt. Bryan Shelton says Pepper was meeting Price at a street corner after he got off work. The newspaper reports someone approached the couple and opened fire, and that both victims were found shortly after.
Shelton says he doesn’t believe the killings were random. He says that while on scene, he “felt like the suspect had no value for them at all.”
The couple are the 14th and 15th homicides in the city this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews