BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A teenage couple who were fatally shot in Alabama have been identified.
AL.com/The Birmingham News reports 19-year-old Ty Alexander Pepper and 18-year-old Elizabeth “Liz” Annette Price were killed Monday night in Birmingham. Birmingham Police Sgt. Bryan Shelton says Pepper was meeting Price at a street corner after he got off work. The newspaper reports someone approached the couple and opened fire, and that both victims were found shortly after.
Shelton says he doesn’t believe the killings were random. He says that while on scene, he “felt like the suspect had no value for them at all.”
The couple are the 14th and 15th homicides in the city this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews