NAMPA, Idaho (AP) — Authorities in southwestern Idaho have identified a woman stabbed to death and a man shot and killed when police responded to a domestic dispute in Nampa.
Officials say 22-year-old Kymberlee Larsen died at the scene on Tuesday from stab and slash wounds.
Canyon County Sheriff Kieran Donahue says two Nampa police officers entered the house and, based on body camera footage, one of the officers fatally shot 29-yer-old Evan C. Bashir.
Donahue says Bashir and Larsen were in a relationship that had been “deteriorating” for some time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Authorities say Bashir killed Larsen and also stabbed two other women.
The sheriff’s office says 27-year-old Chelsea Larsen and 57-year-old Julianna Flowers were in stable condition at a hospital following surgery.
Donahue says three children were also present but were not injured.