PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Police are searching for a 36-year-old man suspected of opening fire on a parked car in Massachusetts and killing a 22-year-old woman inside.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that a 19-year-old occupant of the parked car shot at Gary Linen while he was walking in Pittsfield on Oct. 2.
Police say Linen returned fire, and one of the bullets hit Asiyanna Jones in the head.
Jones was transported to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Despite Trump attacks, both parties vow orderly election WATCH
- Massive genetic study shows coronavirus mutating and potentially evolving amid rapid U.S. spread
- Trump expected to announce conservative Barrett for court VIEW
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
Police have arrested the teen and charged him with armed assault to murder, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building and carrying a firearm without a license. He pleaded not guilty.
Court documents released Monday did not reveal a motive for the shooting.
Information from: The Berkshire (Mass.) Eagle, http://www.berkshireeagle.com