SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police have identified a man who was allegedly stabbed to death by his stepson.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports authorities found John Richard “Johnny” Postlethwait dead Saturday afternoon inside a home. The victim’s stepson was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of first-degree felony murder, where he is being held without bail.
Formal charges had not been filed as of Monday.
A probable cause statement says a witness who heard Postlethwait screaming, ran into his bedroom and saw his stepson on the bed pushing a knife into Postlethwait’s chest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds of experts say coronavirus is airborne; consequences for our daily lives would be significant
- South Dakota governor, exposed to virus, joined Trump on jet
- Militias flock to Gettysburg to foil supposed flag burning
- How Fauci, 5 other health specialists deal with COVID-19 risks in their everyday lives
- Study uncovers most effective non-medical face mask for protecting against coronavirus
The statement says Postlethwait told the witness, “He’s (expletive) killing me, he’s killing me,” and the witness wrestled the stepson off of him.
The statement says the stepson had blood on his hands, shirt and shoes.
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com