SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police have identified a man who was allegedly stabbed to death by his stepson.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports authorities found John Richard “Johnny” Postlethwait dead Saturday afternoon inside a home. The victim’s stepson was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of first-degree felony murder, where he is being held without bail.
Formal charges had not been filed as of Monday.
A probable cause statement says a witness who heard Postlethwait screaming, ran into his bedroom and saw his stepson on the bed pushing a knife into Postlethwait’s chest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Up to 13 feared dead in volcanic eruption off New Zealand VIEW
- Anti-doping agency imposes 4-year ban on Russia VIEW
- Gunman in Deadly Base Shooting Became Furious Over an Insult in Class
- Oregon commercial Dungeness crab season delayed; no word on Washington season
- Impeachment witness: Trump poses election 'danger' WATCH
The statement says Postlethwait told the witness, “He’s (expletive) killing me, he’s killing me,” and the witness wrestled the stepson off of him.
The statement says the stepson had blood on his hands, shirt and shoes.
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com