OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — Authorities have identified a woman who died in a fire at a homeless camp last week.
Oregon City police said Tuesday that one of its officers was on patrol early Nov. 8 when he saw the fire that engulfed a homeless camp and trees on a hillside near the Abernethy Bridge.
After firefighters extinguished the blaze, the body of 45-year-old Rachael Renee Edwards was found inside a shelter.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech WATCH
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
- Less beef, more beans: Experts say world needs a new diet