OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — Authorities have identified a woman who died in a fire at a homeless camp last week.
Oregon City police said Tuesday that one of its officers was on patrol early Nov. 8 when he saw the fire that engulfed a homeless camp and trees on a hillside near the Abernethy Bridge.
After firefighters extinguished the blaze, the body of 45-year-old Rachael Renee Edwards was found inside a shelter.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Naked, drunken man drives into tree while having sex near Tacoma, police say
- Seattle pot-shop mural: art or ad appealing to kids?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Skagit River causes major flooding from highest flow in 11 years