OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — Authorities have identified a woman who died in a fire at a homeless camp last week.
Oregon City police said Tuesday that one of its officers was on patrol early Nov. 8 when he saw the fire that engulfed a homeless camp and trees on a hillside near the Abernethy Bridge.
After firefighters extinguished the blaze, the body of 45-year-old Rachael Renee Edwards was found inside a shelter.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Washington state lawmakers make speedy move to shield their records from the public
- Report: Washington state home to one of the largest cells of notorious white supremacist group WATCH
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Former Huskies star Markelle Fultz received $10K from sports agent before arriving at UW, report says