OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — Authorities have identified a woman who died in a fire at a homeless camp last week.
Oregon City police said Tuesday that one of its officers was on patrol early Nov. 8 when he saw the fire that engulfed a homeless camp and trees on a hillside near the Abernethy Bridge.
After firefighters extinguished the blaze, the body of 45-year-old Rachael Renee Edwards was found inside a shelter.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote