PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A suspected burglar accused of exchanging gunfire with Portland police has been identified as a 26-year-old woman.
The Portland Police Bureau says Sarah Michelle Brown was booked into jail over the weekend after being released from a hospital. She’s charged with attempted murder, burglary, unlawful entry in a motor vehicle and unlawful use of a weapon.
Officers responded to the Goose Hollow neighborhood early Thursday on a report of a burglary in progress. Police say there was an exchange of gunfire between the woman and officers.
A SWAT team and crisis negotiators responded during an ensuing standoff that lasted more than three hours. Police say a handgun was seized as evidence.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
The incident remains under investigation and will be reviewed by a grand jury.