PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A suspected burglar accused of exchanging gunfire with Portland police has been identified as a 26-year-old woman.
The Portland Police Bureau says Sarah Michelle Brown was booked into jail over the weekend after being released from a hospital. She’s charged with attempted murder, burglary, unlawful entry in a motor vehicle and unlawful use of a weapon.
Officers responded to the Goose Hollow neighborhood early Thursday on a report of a burglary in progress. Police say there was an exchange of gunfire between the woman and officers.
A SWAT team and crisis negotiators responded during an ensuing standoff that lasted more than three hours. Police say a handgun was seized as evidence.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
The incident remains under investigation and will be reviewed by a grand jury.