RICHMOND HEIGHTS, Fla. (AP) — Police have identified a 7-year-old boy killed in a drive-by shooting while visiting family in Florida.
Miami-Dade Police Detective Robin Pinkard said in an email Monday that the victim’s name was Amiere Castro. His hometown was not released.
The child was pronounced dead at the scene in Richmond Heights on Sunday afternoon. Relatives of the victim told reporters that the boy had been visiting the home about 24 miles southwest of Miami, and he had been coming out of the house when the shooting start.
Police are looking for a white, four-door Dodge Ram with tinted window believed to be involved. Investigators say four men when were in the vehicle when it pulled up and started shooting at the house.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Largest US quake in half-century causes Alaska little damage
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- 'The war has changed': Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe
- MacKenzie Scott, French Gates join to award $40M for gender equality efforts in U.S.
The motive for the shooting was not known.