RICHMOND HEIGHTS, Fla. (AP) — Police have identified a 7-year-old boy killed in a drive-by shooting while visiting family in Florida.
Miami-Dade Police Detective Robin Pinkard said in an email Monday that the victim’s name was Amiere Castro. His hometown was not released.
The child was pronounced dead at the scene in Richmond Heights on Sunday afternoon. Relatives of the victim told reporters that the boy had been visiting the home about 24 miles southwest of Miami, and he had been coming out of the house when the shooting start.
Police are looking for a white, four-door Dodge Ram with tinted window believed to be involved. Investigators say four men when were in the vehicle when it pulled up and started shooting at the house.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Trump may be coming to terms with loss he won't acknowledge
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- An unusual snack for cows, a powerful fix for climate
- Britain tries to swab all of Liverpool in pilot of mass coronavirus testing
The motive for the shooting was not known.