SANDY, Ore. (AP) — Authorities have identified the victim and suspect in a fatal shooting in Sandy, Oregon.
The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that 56-year-old Roxanne Martin is charged with murder in the death of 67-year-old Norman Terrill. She has been booked into the county jail.
The sheriff’s office says deputies responded Saturday after the woman texted a family member to say she had shot and killed a man inside a home. A SWAT team was called when the suspect refused to the leave the home. She eventually surrendered after exchanging text messages with emergency dispatchers.
It’s unknown if Martin has a lawyer or will wait for a court-appointed attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- 75-year-old hiker found on mountain as search continues for missing actor
- Want to break up with your gas fireplace? Here's how to convert it
- Earth’s inner core paused, then reversed its spin. This is fine
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends
This story has been corrected to show Martin is 56 years old.