SANDY, Ore. (AP) — Authorities have identified the victim and suspect in a fatal shooting in Sandy, Oregon.
The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that 56-year-old Roxanne Martin is charged with murder in the death of 67-year-old Norman Terrill. She has been booked into the county jail.
The sheriff’s office says deputies responded Saturday after the woman texted a family member to say she had shot and killed a man inside a home. A SWAT team was called when the suspect refused to the leave the home. She eventually surrendered after exchanging text messages with emergency dispatchers.
It’s unknown if Martin has a lawyer or will wait for a court-appointed attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
This story has been corrected to show Martin is 56 years old.