HARTLY, Del. (AP) — Delaware State Police say two people who died in a suspected murder-suicide have been identified.
Melissa Jaffe with the state police tells The News Journal of Wilmington that 87-year-old John James and his wife, 81-year-old Mary James, died in a suspected murder-suicide.
News outlets report an investigation began on Tuesday when troopers were dispatched to a residence in Hartly to conduct a check on welfare. Upon arrival, the couple was found dead.
The bodies have been turned over to the Division of Forensic Science, where an autopsy will be performed to determine the manner and cause of death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Health plans no longer have to cover preventive care at no cost. Here’s what to know
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- AP sources: Trump facing at least 1 felony charge in NY case WATCH
- One key player did not cooperate with prosecutors: Trump’s financial gatekeeper
- A rescue dog and goat are best friends. A shelter put them up for adoption as a pair.