HARTLY, Del. (AP) — Delaware State Police say two people who died in a suspected murder-suicide have been identified.
Melissa Jaffe with the state police tells The News Journal of Wilmington that 87-year-old John James and his wife, 81-year-old Mary James, died in a suspected murder-suicide.
News outlets report an investigation began on Tuesday when troopers were dispatched to a residence in Hartly to conduct a check on welfare. Upon arrival, the couple was found dead.
The bodies have been turned over to the Division of Forensic Science, where an autopsy will be performed to determine the manner and cause of death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19