CLEVELAND (AP) — Police say human remains consistent with those of a young child have been found in the yard of a Cleveland home after two days of searching for a possible missing child.
Cleveland police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia (chahch) says searchers found the remains Tuesday while digging in the yard after cadaver dogs on Monday turned up nothing.
Police have been working with the FBI and the medical examiner in the search. They say the investigation began with a tip a 5-year-old boy was buried in the yard.
Police say the missing boy’s mother originally said he was in Houston with paternal relatives.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
- An excavation in the sea depths recovers Hercules from the afterlife
They say the woman was taken into custody in connection with the death after further investigation and interviews. No charges had been filed.