PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (AP) — Police say a hotel guest in New Hampshire faces felony charges after stabbing a hotel employee in the face, neck and chest with a pair of scissors.
Portsmouth Police Lt. Mark Newport says police have arrested 32-year-old Bronx, N.Y. resident Jasmine Henderson on felony charges of attempted second degree murder, criminal threatening and second degree assault.
Police say Henderson stabbed a 58-year-old female hotel employee who was assisting her Friday at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel.
The employee received treatment at Portsmouth Regional Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'We are coming for you,' a Port Angeles doctor is told as public health workers find themselves in crisis
- Oregon approved state employee religious exemptions at nearly twice the rate Washington did
- Soldier with 'Hitler mustache' is first to be thrown out of military after Capitol riot charges
- Two Montanas? New maps highlight state's split personality
- FDA OKs mixing COVID vaccines; backs Moderna, J&J boosters
Police say Henderson is located at Rockingham County Jail and faces a Monday arraignment. It was not immediately clear Saturday if Henderson has an attorney.
Police have said no argument preceded the stabbing and that it appeared to be a random attack.
Information from: Portsmouth Herald, http://www.seacoastonline.com