SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) — Police believe a homeless man froze to death under a bridge in North Carolina.
The Salisbury Post reports that a relative found 74-year-old Robert Clarence Doyle under a bridge early Sunday morning, when the temperature was in the teens.
Police reports say the victim’s brother knew he was there but hadn’t spoken with him in a few days. The newspaper says the two last spoke Jan. 11 by phone.
The brother told police that Doyle had a number of health issues and would not seek help.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
Police Lt. Greg Beam says it’s believed that Doyle died as a result of exposure to the cold weather.
Information from: Salisbury Post, http://www.salisburypost.com