SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) — Police believe a homeless man froze to death under a bridge in North Carolina.
The Salisbury Post reports that a relative found 74-year-old Robert Clarence Doyle under a bridge early Sunday morning, when the temperature was in the teens.
Police reports say the victim’s brother knew he was there but hadn’t spoken with him in a few days. The newspaper says the two last spoke Jan. 11 by phone.
The brother told police that Doyle had a number of health issues and would not seek help.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Tens of thousands converge on California 'poppy apocalypse' VIEW
Police Lt. Greg Beam says it’s believed that Doyle died as a result of exposure to the cold weather.
Information from: Salisbury Post, http://www.salisburypost.com