FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Authorities in Maryland have charged two teens with kidnapping and raping a classmate and police say a third suspect is at large.
The Frederick News-Post reported Wednesday that police said in court documents that a female acquaintance of the victim may have persuaded the suspects to act.
Police said the girl told them she was grabbed while walking home on Sept. 2, taken to an apartment and sexually assaulted. According to police, she said two were classmates who allegedly told her they were acting on orders from the younger female acquaintance.
Frederick authorities charged 19-year-old Victor Antonio Gonzalez-Guttierres and 17-year-old Edgar Natanal Chicas-Hernandez, who’s charged as an adult. Police didn’t identify the third suspect.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Court documents don’t identify the female acquaintance, who repeatedly denied involvement.
It wasn’t clear if any had lawyers.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a statement Thursday that the agency has lodged an immigration detainer for Gonzalez-Guttierres. ICE says he is from El Salvador.
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com