CHILLICOTHE, Ohio (AP) — Police are investigating after they say a badly decomposed body was found underneath several inches of garbage inside an Ohio home, and the head appeared to have been moved from the body after death.
Investigators say the skeletal remains were found inside a Chillicothe (chihl-ih-KAHTH’-ee) home on Monday morning.
Police Detective Bud Lytle says roughly 4 feet of garbage was strewn throughout the home. Investigators were unable to determine the gender of the body.
The Chillicothe Gazette reports authorities had to use chain saws to cut through thorns and brush to access the home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
Investigators say there are no signs of foul play, but that there are indications someone had been in and out of the house.
An autopsy is planned and an investigation is ongoing.