MIAMI (AP) — A man who gained notoriety after discussing his deformed skull in online videos has been charged with arson and attempted first-degree murder.
Miami police officers wrote in an incident report that 31-year-old Carlos Rodriguez was sitting in his backyard Monday when they arrived to investigate a fire inside a duplex attached to a house on the property.
Investigators say Rodriguez told them he set a mattress on fire, adding he wanted to burn the house down so he could build a new house.
Rodriguez is being held on $20,000 bond. Records don’t indicate whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Stories
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Republicans going beyond hypocrisy with the national debt | Danny Westneat
- Washington state’s new parental leave law could change workplace for moms — and dads
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
His mugshot first circulated widely on the Internet in 2010 after his arrest on charges of soliciting a prostitute. In 2012, a man who appeared to be Rodriguez warned against driving drunk, saying he was injured in a car crash when he was intoxicated.
This story’s headline has been corrected to show that the suspect, Carlos Rodriguez, is charged with attempted murder, not murder.