ANNANDALE, Va. (AP) — Authorities say at least five people assaulted a man and set him on fire in the Virginia suburbs of Washington.
Fairfax County police said on Twitter that a caller reported seeing five or six young men light a man on fire after assaulting him in Annandale on Sunday afternoon. Responding officers saw the suspects flee the scene on foot, and were able to detain two after a chase.
The victim was hospitalized with burns to his upper body and is expected to survive.
Lt. Eli Corey with Fairfax County police told WTOP-FM that detectives were interviewing the two detained and searching for at least three others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Corey says investigators are trying to determine what the victim was burned with and what was used to light the fire.
Information from: WTOP-FM, http://www.wtop.com