OCALA, Fla. (AP) — A 3-year-old girl is in serious condition after swallowing a thumbtack at a day care center in Florida.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/1mgn8cG ) reports children in a classroom at Kingdom Christian Academy were eating breakfast on Tuesday in Ocala when a child said the little girl “looked like a vampire.”
According to a police report, the teacher saw the child on the ground, bleeding and gasping for air. Another teacher started CPR. The children were taken to another classroom.
The child was taken to a hospital where a doctor wasn’t able to insert a tube down her throat. He checked and then removed a yellow thumbtack. She was stabilized and flown to a Gainesville hospital for further treatment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Is it COVID or flu? New at-home test can tell you
- How big is the latest U.S. coronavirus wave? No one really knows
- Enjoy these photos of the blood moon's total lunar eclipse
- How often can you be infected with the coronavirus?
- Cross-border 'narco tunnel' links Tijuana house to California warehouse; 6 people charged
The Department of Children and Families is investigating the incident.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/