PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a 4-year-old girl was shot in Philadelphia as her father held her in his arms.
Capt. Drew Techner told reporters that four men riding in a red car approached at about 11 p.m. Friday as the man was walking on a sidewalk in the city’s Kingsessing neighborhood.
Police said the vehicle drove by, did a U-turn and drove by a second time, at which point a man riding in the back seat opened fire. The girl was hit in the leg before the car sped off.
The child was taken to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where she was reported in stable condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
No arrests were immediately announced. Police were looking for surveillance video to try to identify the car and suspects.