COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia man has turned himself in to police for the shooting death of a man earlier this month.
WTVM-TV reports the Columbus Police Department issued a murder warrant for 39-year-old Travis Eugene Thomas when they learned of the Feb. 15 shooting. Police responded to reports of a person shot on Thomas Street that day and found 38-year-old Darnell Jackson with a gunshot wound. Jackson later died at a hospital.
A hearing has been set for Wednesday morning. It’s unclear if Thomas has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
Information from: WTVM-TV, http://www.wtvm.com/