COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia man has turned himself in to police for the shooting death of a man earlier this month.
WTVM-TV reports the Columbus Police Department issued a murder warrant for 39-year-old Travis Eugene Thomas when they learned of the Feb. 15 shooting. Police responded to reports of a person shot on Thomas Street that day and found 38-year-old Darnell Jackson with a gunshot wound. Jackson later died at a hospital.
A hearing has been set for Wednesday morning. It’s unclear if Thomas has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, a flashpoint in US-China tensions
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology
- Soaring Russian death toll gives grim insight into Moscow's tactics in Ukraine
Information from: WTVM-TV, http://www.wtvm.com/