GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Authorities in Gaza say that a Palestinian man has died from his wounds after being injured by Israeli fire last week.
Police say the man had a farm near where the clashes occurred on Friday but was not involved in the violence. Police said he was shot in the chest.
Gaza’s Health Ministry identified the victim as 48-year-old Yousif Abu Sbaikhah.
A three month-long wave of violence has gripped the region, with Palestinian attacks and clashes showing no signs of relenting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI warned of large-scale nationwide protests by Trump supporters, but they fail to materialize
- McConnell: Trump 'provoked' Capitol siege, mob was fed lies
- Trump prepares to offer clemency to more than 100 people in final hours in office
- They prepare the White House for a new president. They have 5 hours.
- Man lived inside Chicago's O’Hare airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
Monday’s death brings the Palestinian death toll during the outburst of violence to 129. Israel says 88 of those were carrying out attacks.
On the Israeli side, 20 people have been killed.