GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Authorities in Gaza say that a Palestinian man has died from his wounds after being injured by Israeli fire last week.
Police say the man had a farm near where the clashes occurred on Friday but was not involved in the violence. Police said he was shot in the chest.
Gaza’s Health Ministry identified the victim as 48-year-old Yousif Abu Sbaikhah.
A three month-long wave of violence has gripped the region, with Palestinian attacks and clashes showing no signs of relenting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Free money for all? Mayors hope local tests bring big change
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Monday’s death brings the Palestinian death toll during the outburst of violence to 129. Israel says 88 of those were carrying out attacks.
On the Israeli side, 20 people have been killed.