HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say Florida police officers fatally shot an elderly man who had been threatening to kill himself.
A Miami-Dade Police Department news release says officers responded to a Homestead-area apartment complex Monday afternoon after a report of an 84-year-old who was armed and threatening to take his own life.
Police say four officers opened fire on the armed man and rescue workers determined he died at the scene.
The release says the dead man and three of the officers were white, and one of the officers was black. Police weren’t immediately releasing their names.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen