GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A 55-year-old Florida man is accused of pouring gasoline on his girlfriend and setting her on fire.
Gainesville police arrest report says Roosevelt Kitchens was charged with attempted murder. He was being held Thursday on a $1 million bond.
An arrest report says Kitchen and the woman had been drinking and using drugs when they got into an argument Wednesday night and she left their apartment. Police say he followed her to a neighbor’s porch and doused her with gasoline.
Witnesses told investigators that Kitchen said, “Anyone got a lighter,” before pulling one from his pocket.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘Victoria’s Secret Karen’ video: Lawsuits show what viewers didn’t see
- Human body found in the mouth of 14-foot Florida alligator
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Nebraska mother sentenced to 2 years in prison for giving abortion pills to pregnant daughter
- Cassidy Hutchinson reappears. She has more Trump stories to tell
The neighbor tried to extinguish the blaze and put the woman in a bathtub. Police said the skin on her legs and stomach “melted.”
A lawyer isn’t listed on Kitchens’ jail record.