ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Police say a Florida man has died after getting punched by his Uber driver.
A statement Saturday from St. Petersburg Police said 56-year-old Terry Lynn Kimball had died, more than a day after losing consciousness.
According to the police statement, Kimball and the 38-year-old male driver had a dispute over the route the driver was taking Thursday evening.
Police say the driver pulled over at a convenience store, where the men had a physical altercation.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Athletic director Bill Moos surprises WSU, leaves for AD job at Nebraska
- Analysis: What went wrong in Washington’s loss at Arizona State WATCH
- Washington can kiss its playoff hopes goodbye after debacle in desert WATCH
- Suspects’ phones led Northwest investigators to carcasses in one of the biggest poaching cases they’ve ever seen VIEW
Police say the driver punched Kimball, who was hospitalized with serious brain trauma. He never regained consciousness.
The driver has not been charged. The police statement said the investigation remained open.