LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida homeowner has shot and wounded a yelling teenager who kicked down the man’s front door and entered the house.
The Ledger reports the shooting occurred early Sunday morning in Lakeland. Police say 19-year-old Gabriel Jacobs kicked down the door, and the homeowner then shot a yelling Jacobs in the chest with a shotgun as he entered.
The homeowner told police Jacobs had been ringing the doorbell repeatedly and kicking the door. The homeowner also said he told Jacobs to leave several times before the teen burst through the door.
A police spokesman says it’s unclear why Jacobs was at the home. Police say Jacobs will likely face criminal charges if he recovers and add that the homeowner will not be charged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com