WATERLOO, N.Y. (AP) — Police say they’re searching for a woman whose vehicle has been found in the Erie Canal in central New York.
State police say troopers and the Canandaigua Police Department found 29-year-old Monica Zello’s SUV Monday night in the canal in the Seneca County town of Waterloo, in the Finger Lakes region midway between Rochester and Syracuse.
The vehicle has been towed onto land.
Zello was from Naples in neighboring Ontario County, where troopers say she was last seen late Friday night in Canandaigua. She was reported missing Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm
Police are searching Wednesday afternoon in the area where her vehicle was found, using a helicopter and numerous K-9 units as part of the effort.