BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida motivational speaker who had battled with his insurance company to get a $150,000 prosthetic arm was devastated when he discovered it stolen from his pickup truck parked at his girlfriend’s apartment complex.
Boynton Beach police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said in an email that officers found the black carbon fiber Touch Bionics arm in the bushes near a fence shortly after Chris Ruden reported it missing Sunday.
Slater says Sgt. Rayner De Los Rios and detectives Varco Villari and Jeff Gleicher found the arm and Ruden stopped by the police station to pick up it up Sunday night.
News outlets report Ruden is a power lifter and motivational speaker who was born with a congenital birth defect, leaving him with only two fingers on his left hand.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest