NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Police say they caught a suspected burglar snoozing inside a Connecticut home.
Officers responded to the break-in around 7 a.m. Sunday in New Haven. The homeowner wasn’t inside at the time, but she watched the suspect through a surveillance system.
Police say they found the 27-year-old suspect sleeping on the living room sofa.
He has been charged with third-degree burglary and first-degree criminal trespass.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts