ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Albuquerque police are searching for two people after six dogs were found abandoned and dead inside an SUV.
Police say the dogs were discovered Wednesday inside the vehicle with the windows rolled up in northeast Albuquerque after employees of a nearby plant nursery alerted authorities.
The owner of the dogs says she hired a man and a woman off Craigslist to transport a dozen dogs to Texas. Annette Rosenow of Estancia says the pair she knew only as Sara and Sean was hired to drive a van and the SUV she rented for her moved out of New Mexico.
Rosenow says five of the other six dogs were dropped off at an animal hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Police are looking for the pair on suspicion of animal cruelty.