MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Police have charged an Alabama man with aggravated child abuse after they say he “body slammed” his 4-month-old son Leo for crying.
Twenty-four-year-old Zachary Patrick was arrested Wednesday. Mobile Police Department Public Affairs Officer Charlette Solis tells WALA-TV police responded to a hospital Tuesday for a report of a 4-month-old infant with bruises around his mouth and multiple skull fractures.
Authorities say Patrick said Leo rolled off an ottoman while having his diaper changed, but later told the child’s mother he was upset Leo was crying and body slammed him onto a bassinet. Court documents show Leo’s mother Alexandria Fontenot recently filed for custody after Patrick brought a bruised Leo home.
Patrick is out on bail. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Information from: WALA-TV, http://www.fox10tv.com/