MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Police have charged an Alabama man with aggravated child abuse after they say he “body slammed” his 4-month-old son Leo for crying.
Twenty-four-year-old Zachary Patrick was arrested Wednesday. Mobile Police Department Public Affairs Officer Charlette Solis tells WALA-TV police responded to a hospital Tuesday for a report of a 4-month-old infant with bruises around his mouth and multiple skull fractures.
Authorities say Patrick said Leo rolled off an ottoman while having his diaper changed, but later told the child’s mother he was upset Leo was crying and body slammed him onto a bassinet. Court documents show Leo’s mother Alexandria Fontenot recently filed for custody after Patrick brought a bruised Leo home.
Patrick is out on bail. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Information from: WALA-TV, http://www.fox10tv.com/