MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Police have charged an Alabama man with aggravated child abuse after they say he “body slammed” his 4-month-old son Leo for crying.
Twenty-four-year-old Zachary Patrick was arrested Wednesday. Mobile Police Department Public Affairs Officer Charlette Solis tells WALA-TV police responded to a hospital Tuesday for a report of a 4-month-old infant with bruises around his mouth and multiple skull fractures.
Authorities say Patrick said Leo rolled off an ottoman while having his diaper changed, but later told the child’s mother he was upset Leo was crying and body slammed him onto a bassinet. Court documents show Leo’s mother Alexandria Fontenot recently filed for custody after Patrick brought a bruised Leo home.
Patrick is out on bail. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
Information from: WALA-TV, http://www.fox10tv.com/