MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Police have charged an Alabama man with aggravated child abuse after they say he “body slammed” his 4-month-old son Leo for crying.
Twenty-four-year-old Zachary Patrick was arrested Wednesday. Mobile Police Department Public Affairs Officer Charlette Solis tells WALA-TV police responded to a hospital Tuesday for a report of a 4-month-old infant with bruises around his mouth and multiple skull fractures.
Authorities say Patrick said Leo rolled off an ottoman while having his diaper changed, but later told the child’s mother he was upset Leo was crying and body slammed him onto a bassinet. Court documents show Leo’s mother Alexandria Fontenot recently filed for custody after Patrick brought a bruised Leo home.
Patrick is out on bail. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
Information from: WALA-TV, http://www.fox10tv.com/