SUFFOLK, Va. (AP) — Officials say a dump truck driver is dead after a collision with an Amtrak train in Virginia.
Suffolk police said in a statement Friday that the truck and train crashed in downtown Suffolk around 8 p.m. Thursday.
Police say 61-year-old Karl Alexander Hill of Norfolk, the driver of the dump truck, was killed. Fire officials say the 60 passengers aboard the train were assessed and one man was taken to a local hospital with a minor injury.
Officials say the train was traveling from New York to Norfolk when the crash occurred about 20 miles (32 kilometers) from its destination. Amtrak arranged for a bus to take passengers to the Norfolk station.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets
The cause of the crash is under investigation.