WOODLAND, Maine (AP) — Maine State Police say a driver flipped his pickup truck end over end while trying to find a lighter he had dropped.
Police say 29-year-old Ryan Lowell, of Limeston, was driving on Route 161 in Woodland in Aroostook County on Monday night when he became distracted searching for the lighter.
Investigators say he drove off an embankment, flipping the truck and crashing through trees. The truck came to rest upside-down.
Lowell was taken to a hospital for injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Police cited the crash as a reminder of the importance of seat belts.