VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Police in Vicksburg say a driver who failed to stop for a school bus has been arrested for running into a 9-year-old girl.
Thirty-year-old Ditanun Demon Simpson’s charges include reckless driving and driving without a license.
Officer Judson Maglorie says Simpson failed to stop for the bus and hit the girl with his Buick LeSabre as she was crossing the street.
The Vicksburg Post reports the second-grader at Dana Road Elementary was taken to a hospital, with no word on her condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: The Vicksburg Post, http://www.vicksburgpost.com