VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Police in Vicksburg say a driver who failed to stop for a school bus has been arrested for running into a 9-year-old girl.
Thirty-year-old Ditanun Demon Simpson’s charges include reckless driving and driving without a license.
Officer Judson Maglorie says Simpson failed to stop for the bus and hit the girl with his Buick LeSabre as she was crossing the street.
The Vicksburg Post reports the second-grader at Dana Road Elementary was taken to a hospital, with no word on her condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
Information from: The Vicksburg Post, http://www.vicksburgpost.com