VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Police in Vicksburg say a driver who failed to stop for a school bus has been arrested for running into a 9-year-old girl.
Thirty-year-old Ditanun Demon Simpson’s charges include reckless driving and driving without a license.
Officer Judson Maglorie says Simpson failed to stop for the bus and hit the girl with his Buick LeSabre as she was crossing the street.
The Vicksburg Post reports the second-grader at Dana Road Elementary was taken to a hospital, with no word on her condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
Information from: The Vicksburg Post, http://www.vicksburgpost.com