WESTBROOK, Maine (AP) — Police in Maine say a man accused of drunken driving crashed into a police cruiser and injured an officer.
The Bangor Daily News reports Westbrook Police Officer Kipp Bleicken was responding to a call early Thursday when his cruiser was struck by a car that crossed the center line.
Bleicken was treated at a hospital for minor injuries.
Police say 29-year-old Christian Yannick Levry, of Westbrook, has been jailed on charges of operating under the influence, reckless conduct and aggravated assault.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two people killed by grizzly bear at Banff National Park in Canada
- McCarthy to face far-right attempt to oust him as House speaker
- Rep. Jamaal Bowman triggered a fire alarm in a House office building amid voting on a funding bill
It wasn’t immediately known if Levry had a lawyer, and a number couldn’t be found for him.
Information from: Bangor Daily News, http://www.bangordailynews.com