CHESAPEAKE, Va. (AP) — A domestic dispute in Virginia has left a father dead and his son in custody.
The Virginian-Pilot reported Saturday that the father was shot shortly after midnight on Friday morning in Chesapeake.
Officer Leo Kosinski told the newspaper that there were about five family members at the house at the time. Police said some kind of dispute had preceded the shooting.
Police said the case is being investigated as a homicide. But they have not released further details about the incident, including whether charges have been filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The names of the son and his father have not been released.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com