SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a Washington, D.C.-area day care provider slapped a 2-year-old’s face over her soiled diaper.
Montgomery County police said in a Tuesday statement 65-year-old Christina Dhanaraj was arrested Jan. 12 after detectives received a video of her abusing the girl. Dhanaraj was charged with second-degree child abuse and has been released from custody on bond.
Investigators believe it happened last November or December.
The video shows Dhanaraj scolding the girl before slapping her roughly eight times. Dhanaraj also pushes her to the floor and grabs her head.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
The Maryland Office of Child Care has revoked Dhanaraj’s license. She operated the day care in her Silver Spring home.
The Washington Post reports an OCC official wrote Dhanaraj seemed upset the child soiled her diaper. Dhanaraj’s attorney, Patrick Hanifin, declined to discuss the allegations.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com