SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a Washington, D.C.-area day care provider slapped a 2-year-old’s face over her soiled diaper.
Montgomery County police said in a Tuesday statement 65-year-old Christina Dhanaraj was arrested Jan. 12 after detectives received a video of her abusing the girl. Dhanaraj was charged with second-degree child abuse and has been released from custody on bond.
Investigators believe it happened last November or December.
The video shows Dhanaraj scolding the girl before slapping her roughly eight times. Dhanaraj also pushes her to the floor and grabs her head.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
The Maryland Office of Child Care has revoked Dhanaraj’s license. She operated the day care in her Silver Spring home.
The Washington Post reports an OCC official wrote Dhanaraj seemed upset the child soiled her diaper. Dhanaraj’s attorney, Patrick Hanifin, declined to discuss the allegations.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com