SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a father shot an intruder at his daughter’s Santa Ana home as the man tried to crawl through a window.
The Orange County Register reports Santa Ana Police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna says officers responded to the house at 1:50 a.m. Sunday after receiving a domestic violence call, but the intruder — the woman’s ex-boyfriend — was not there when they arrived.
Bertagna says the man apparently returned later and the father confronted him as he was coming through a window.
The wounded man was transported to a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
The incident is under investigation.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com