NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey say they’ve confiscated nine loaded guns, including five assault weapons.
Newark Public Safety Director Anthony F. Ambrose says Newark police found the weapons during an investigation at an apartment on Saturday. He says they included an AK-47 assault weapon, rifles and a 50-capacity drum magazine. Two handguns were found in a vehicle.
No arrests have been made and an investigation is continuing.
Ambrose says taking guns off the streets is saving lives.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
He says to date more than 200 guns have been confiscated this year, 60 more than last year. He also says Newark has had 35 fewer shooting victims so far this year than last year.