CLEVELAND (AP) — Police say a 5-year-old child and a teenager were shot and wounded in Cleveland when men reportedly opened fire from a vehicle.
Investigators say they don’t believe the injured children were the targets of the Monday afternoon shooting in a neighborhood southeast of downtown.
Police say a 15-year-old victim was shot in the chest, and the younger child was shot in the leg.
WEWS-TV reports both children were hospitalized in stable condition after the shooting. Police didn’t release further details about them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
Authorities were trying to determine what prompted the gunfire. There was no immediate word on whether any suspects had been identified.