CLEVELAND (AP) — Police say a 5-year-old child and a teenager were shot and wounded in Cleveland when men reportedly opened fire from a vehicle.
Investigators say they don’t believe the injured children were the targets of the Monday afternoon shooting in a neighborhood southeast of downtown.
Police say a 15-year-old victim was shot in the chest, and the younger child was shot in the leg.
WEWS-TV reports both children were hospitalized in stable condition after the shooting. Police didn’t release further details about them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy
Authorities were trying to determine what prompted the gunfire. There was no immediate word on whether any suspects had been identified.