CLEVELAND (AP) — Police say a 5-year-old child and a teenager were shot and wounded in Cleveland when men reportedly opened fire from a vehicle.
Investigators say they don’t believe the injured children were the targets of the Monday afternoon shooting in a neighborhood southeast of downtown.
Police say a 15-year-old victim was shot in the chest, and the younger child was shot in the leg.
WEWS-TV reports both children were hospitalized in stable condition after the shooting. Police didn’t release further details about them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
Authorities were trying to determine what prompted the gunfire. There was no immediate word on whether any suspects had been identified.