CINCINNATI (AP) — Police in a Cincinnati suburb say an officer shot a man multiple times after the man pointed a gun at the officer.
Colerain Township Police Chief Mark Denney says officers responding to a call about domestic violence at a home on Friday afternoon found a 66-year-old man in the driveway with a gun in his hand.
Denney says the man aimed his handgun at one of the officers who then shot the man. The man was taken to a Cincinnati hospital. His condition wasn’t immediately known.
Police say the officer wasn’t harmed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Branson mourns for 17 killed in sinking of packed duck boat WATCH
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
Denney says Cincinnati police will take over the investigation.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 p.m.