CINCINNATI (AP) — Police in a Cincinnati suburb say an officer shot a man multiple times after the man pointed a gun at the officer.
Colerain Township Police Chief Mark Denney says officers responding to a call about domestic violence at a home on Friday afternoon found a 66-year-old man in the driveway with a gun in his hand.
Denney says the man aimed his handgun at one of the officers who then shot the man. The man was taken to a Cincinnati hospital. His condition wasn’t immediately known.
Police say the officer wasn’t harmed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Kushner paid almost no taxes for years, documents show
- With genetic-identity registries, it’s the end of anonymity as we know it
- ‘No way to even ask for help’: Florida Panhandle residents desperate for food and shelter VIEW
- What’s at stake in a Harvard lawsuit: decades of debate over race
Denney says Cincinnati police will take over the investigation.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 p.m.