CINCINNATI (AP) — Police in a Cincinnati suburb say an officer shot a man multiple times after the man pointed a gun at the officer.
Colerain Township Police Chief Mark Denney says officers responding to a call about domestic violence at a home on Friday afternoon found a 66-year-old man in the driveway with a gun in his hand.
Denney says the man aimed his handgun at one of the officers who then shot the man. The man was taken to a Cincinnati hospital. His condition wasn’t immediately known.
Police say the officer wasn’t harmed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Species battle pits protected sea lions against fragile fish VIEW
- Hundreds of dead cattle lead to California rancher's arrest
- Austin bombing suspect had list of future targets
- Donald Trump Jr.’s wife reportedly found ‘sexy texts’ from Aubrey O’Day while he was in the shower
- Former Playboy model says Trump tried to pay her after sex
Denney says Cincinnati police will take over the investigation.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 p.m.