CINCINNATI (AP) — Police in a Cincinnati suburb say an officer shot a man multiple times after the man pointed a gun at the officer.
Colerain Township Police Chief Mark Denney says officers responding to a call about domestic violence at a home on Friday afternoon found a 66-year-old man in the driveway with a gun in his hand.
Denney says the man aimed his handgun at one of the officers who then shot the man. The man was taken to a Cincinnati hospital. His condition wasn’t immediately known.
Police say the officer wasn’t harmed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
Denney says Cincinnati police will take over the investigation.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 p.m.