NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Authorities say four people were injured after a car that was being chased by police crashed into another vehicle.
Connecticut State Police say officers tried to conduct a traffic stop Tuesday afternoon when the driver fled north on Ella Grasso Boulevard in New Haven.
The car was being chased by police when it crashed into the driver’s side of another car in the intersection with Derby Avenue.
Police say the driver who fled from the traffic stop ran away from the crash but was later found. Authorities did not say if he has been charged with a crime.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Inside the extreme effort to punish women for abortion
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The woman driving the car that was struck was treated for serious injuries but is expected to survive. The driver who was fleeing police and two passengers were treated for minor injuries.
Information from: WFSB-TV, http://www.wfsb.com