PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police have arrested an 18-year-old man accused of shooting another teenager in a Rhode Island mall’s parking garage.
The Providence Journal reports that Sandy Reyes of Central Falls turned himself in on Tuesday and is charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
He’s the third teen to be charged in connection with the Jan. 15 shooting.
Providence Place mall was evacuated when one person opened fire during a fight in the mall’s parking garage. Nineteen-year-old Leonard Liriano was shot in the leg and suffered non life-threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
Authorities announced Monday that 19-year-old Alkhail Sirleaf has been charged with conspiracy. The Providence man was arrested last week on unrelated gun charges.
A 17-year-old arrested shortly after the shooting has also been charged with conspiracy.