BANGOR, Maine (AP) — Police say they’ve arrested three men from Georgia and charged them with kidnapping a man who says they took him to a bank and forced him to make a fraudulent transaction.
Bangor police say the man was picked up in Brewer on Friday and driven to a bank in Bangor, where he was made to undertake the transaction. After being released, the victim provided police with a vehicle description and accurate registration number.
Officers located the vehicle on Interstate 395 in Bangor at around 3 p.m. Arrested and charged were 20-year-old Isaiah Roberts, of Villa Rica, Georgia; 39-year-old Jeral Blackmon, of Atlanta; and 44-year-old Anthony Foster, of Decatur, Georgia.
They’re in Penobscot County Jail awaiting arraignment. It wasn’t immediately known if they are represented by lawyers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Unfair and unconstitutional': Outrage over detained migrant children intensifies
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Staff cuts at federal prisons have teachers, nurses guarding inmates
- 'Jeopardy!' winner could get prison for sneaking into emails
- Trump defiant as crisis grows over family separation at the border
An investigation is continuing.