BANGOR, Maine (AP) — Police say they’ve arrested three men from Georgia and charged them with kidnapping a man who says they took him to a bank and forced him to make a fraudulent transaction.
Bangor police say the man was picked up in Brewer on Friday and driven to a bank in Bangor, where he was made to undertake the transaction. After being released, the victim provided police with a vehicle description and accurate registration number.
Officers located the vehicle on Interstate 395 in Bangor at around 3 p.m. Arrested and charged were 20-year-old Isaiah Roberts, of Villa Rica, Georgia; 39-year-old Jeral Blackmon, of Atlanta; and 44-year-old Anthony Foster, of Decatur, Georgia.
They’re in Penobscot County Jail awaiting arraignment. It wasn’t immediately known if they are represented by lawyers.
Most Read Stories
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle federal prosecutor Thomas Wales was possibly killed by hired gunman, FBI official says
- Unlimited movie-theater deal could be too good to survive
- Seattle-area's cold snap to last with spring still a month away, weather service says
- Video: flying over a Ballard-to-West Seattle light-rail route
An investigation is continuing.