WACO, Texas (AP) — Police in Texas say they removed a loaded handgun from a woman’s body during a cavity search.
Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton tells the Waco Tribune-Herald (http://bit.ly/1FwCn4A ) officers stopped an SUV for a traffic violation late Monday and found methamphetamine inside. A man and woman were arrested.
Swanton says while 31-year-old Ashley Cecilia Castaneda was being taken to the McLennan County Jail, she told an officer she had a loaded .22-caliber semiautomatic handgun inside her vagina.
Swanton says officers called for a female officer, who retrieved the gun. Swanton confirmed the weapon was loaded.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
- A teenager tested positive for coronavirus. His parents sent him to school anyway.
- Twisted Sister singer to anti-maskers: Don't use our song
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After coronavirus superspreader event at Sturgis, Missouri hosts thousands at Lake of the Ozarks bike rally
Castaneda is charged with possession of methamphetamine and unlawfully carrying a weapon.
Thirty-year-old Gabriel Garcia faces the same drug charge.
Both are in custody in lieu of bond. It wasn’t immediately clear if they had attorneys who could comment on their behalf.
Information from: Waco Tribune-Herald, http://www.wacotrib.com