BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Burlington police say a man identified on social media as a carjacker was just trying to get into the wrong car.
Facebook post claimed that a man tried to get into a woman’s car at supermarket lot in Burlington Friday. WCAX-TV reports police tracked down the 69-year-old South Burlington man and determined it was a “mistaken identity of vehicles.”
Police Lt. Dennis Duffy says the man was being picked up by a friend who had a similar vehicle.
Officials say the man has no criminal history.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- 2 dead, 13 wounded in shooting attack in Toronto WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com