BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Burlington police say a man identified on social media as a carjacker was just trying to get into the wrong car.
Facebook post claimed that a man tried to get into a woman’s car at supermarket lot in Burlington Friday. WCAX-TV reports police tracked down the 69-year-old South Burlington man and determined it was a “mistaken identity of vehicles.”
Police Lt. Dennis Duffy says the man was being picked up by a friend who had a similar vehicle.
Officials say the man has no criminal history.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com