ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP) — St. Charles police are investigating after a man claimed he shot another man because he stole his car.
The shooting happened Thursday night in downtown St. Charles. KMOV-TV reports that police are still sorting through the incident and no charges have been filed.
A 25-year-old man told police that his vehicle was stolen in another St. Charles County town, O’Fallon. The man says he used a tracking device to find his car, where he confronted a 41-year-old suspect.
The younger man says he shot the theft suspect believing he was armed. Police say no additional weapons were found.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
Information from: KMOV-TV, http://www.kmov.com